Envoy Air, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines, is currently searching for a Vice President of People Services (PS), which is an exceptionally exciting and challenging executive opportunity. The Vice President of PS is a newly expanded executive leadership role with a focus on developing strategic people initiatives that enhance employee engagement and position People Services as a key internal business partner. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, passionate, inspirational leader who will be able to create and champion people-focused, solution-driven services and approaches that will help position Envoy as a world leader in the regional airline industry by attracting and retaining world class talent.
The VP of PS will have oversight over an extensive executive portfolio including:
- Vision and People Strategy: In collaboration with the Executive Team, set and execute on the long-term vision for key People Service initiatives to help Envoy achieve overall business goals and maintain a high-performing and engaged workforce.
- Values and Culture: Champion the promotion of company values throughout each of the company’s locations and ensure that all people decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with the company’s core beliefs.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Oversee the identification, design, and implementation of initiatives that will foster a more diverse organization that enables Envoy to more effectively achieve its business objectives.
- Talent Acquisition: Oversee all strategies to recruit and retain high value talent and develop a unique brand that positions Envoy as a career destination.
- Performance Management: Develop and implement a company-wide competency based performance management program that identifies high performers promotes and rewards excellence.
- Total Rewards: Analyze existing company total reward programs and plan future total reward plans across all functions; to maintain competitive advantage.
- Employee Relations and Business Partner Consulting: Use proactive employee relations strategies to deal with complex employee issues in all locations.
- Data and Compliance: Be a leader in collecting and analyzing people-related data to aid in better decision making and continuous process improvement; developing key metrics to measure employee engagement, retention, and performance.
- Professional Development and Succession Planning: Build scalable professional development programs that aid in growing the capabilities of the people of Envoy and drive employee engagement and retention.
- Management and Leadership Development: Drive scalable solutions around initiatives and programs that make Envoy’s managers better leaders and develop succession programs that prepare high-potential employees for higher responsibility opportunities.
In order to provide the kind of leadership necessary to lead the PS department the ideal candidate will need to possess a unique skill set that exhibits demonstrated professional competencies that include:
- Exceptional solutions focus and comfort working in an environment that demands strong, high quality deliverables
- A passion for innovation, bias for action and process improvement
- Ability to serve as coach, mentor and trusted confidant at all leadership levels
- Exceptional ability to communicate effectively and constructively
- High emotional intelligence
- Strong business and analytical acumen, high attention to detail
- Politically savvy and perceptive to company culture
- Understands the value of inclusion and multi-generational workforce
- Ability to inspire and challenge others to seek their potential
- Exceptional judgment and ability to navigate ambiguity
- Inquisitive and lifelong learner
- Approachable and supportive leader
- Exceptional customer focus
- Strategic thinker and consensus builder
- High integrity and ethical behavior
The successful candidate will bring:
- 10+ years direct People Service, Human Resources experience with 5 years leading People Services/Human Resources with at least 2 years at the senior leadership level.
- Human capital and cultural transformation experience with a proven ability to demonstrate measurable results through the use of analytics and metrics. Previous experience with transformation of traditional HR into a shared services model is highly desired.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proven ability to influence and drive change across organizations, aligning the people strategy with business goals and growth.
- Extensive knowledge of and proven success in delivering high-impact people strategies, operations, and programs around performance management, employee engagement, talent acquisition and retention.
- A demonstrated track record of being a strategic People Services Business Partner at the Executive Level and a demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with leaders throughout organization.
- Visionary leader with proven ability to think strategically yet also focus on tactical operational activities.
- Demonstrated ability and experience with collective bargaining agreements.
- Extensive working knowledge / experience of federal employment laws.
- Understanding and knowledge of contemporary human resource practices.
To express interest in this opportunity please submit a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line write: ENVOY VP PEOPLE SERVICES. In your email please indicate how you became aware of the opportunity. Position will remain open until filled.